SUPER FRESH ALPHA LIPOIC ACIDHealth Claims:
* Acts as a powerful antioxidant
* Supports healthy glucose metabolism
* May support healthy energy levels
* Assists enzymes in conversion of food to energy
* Used by professionals in the treatment of nerve damage
* May support healthy liver function
* Studies indicate may be used in prevention of cataracts
* May support healthy immune function
Alpha Lipoic Acid, which is also known as thioctic acid, was first
discovered in the 1950s. It is an enzyme found in the mitochondria,
which are the energy powerhouses of the human cell. Scientists in the
late 1980�s discovered that it possessed powerful antioxidant
properties. In addition, it recycles other antioxidants, specifically
vitamin C and vitamin E, enhancing their potency. Unlike other
antioxidants, it has the unique ability to be active in both water and
fat compartments in the body. Thus, Alpha Lipoic Acid is sometimes
referred to as a �universal antioxidant� and is more effective in
neutralizing free radicals than the majority of other antioxidants.
It also plays an important role in the process that recycles
glutathione which is another major antioxidant in the body. Finally, it
assists B vitamins in converting carbohydrates, proteins, and fats into
Recommended DosageTypical daily dosages range from 300 to 600 mgs.
* Alpha lipoic acid occasionally causes mild
gastrointestinal discomfort when taken in high doses (over 3g), taking
with a meal usually eliminates this reaction.
Discontinue use and consult a health care practitioner if symptoms worsen or persist.
* If you are pregnant or lactating consult a health care practitioner prior to using alpha lipoic acid.