DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), an omega-3 essential fatty acid: vital for optimal brain and eye function, supports healthy blood pressure, growth hormone levels and inflammatory response, important nutrient throughout pregnancy for health of both mother and child
(docosahexaenoic acid) is an omega-3 essential fatty acid. It is one of
the primary building blocks of the brain andthe eyes. DHA ensures
optimal composition of cells in the brain, retina, heart and parts of
the nervous system.These cells transport electrical currents that send
messages throughout the body. In the fetus and young infants, DHA is
essential for proper growth and development of the brain, nervous
system and the retina of the eye. Because DHA is present in breast milk
and not in cow’s milk, many physicians recommend breast-feeding or the
use of infant formula that contains DHA.
uses a trademarked form of DHA known as Neuromins™. Neuromins DHA is
extracted from algae and is highly purified. Our DHA 100mg is available
in 30 or 60 softgel sizes.
Suggested use: typical daily dosage ranges from 100-500 mgs.
- Essential nutrient for optimal brain function
- Important supplement for infants that are not nursed
- Studies indicate a link between DHA and improved brain function
- Plays an important role in healthy eye function
- Important throughout pregnancy for health of both mother and child
- Studies support an association between DHA and benefits to the cardiovascular system
- May support healthy blood pressure
- May support healthy growth hormone levels
- May support a healthy mood
- May support healthy inflammatory response
- There are no known reports of toxicity associated with DHA.
- If you are pregnant or lactating consult a health care practitioner prior to using DHA.